Master Environmental systems and Sustainability
The Master’s degree program Environmental Systems and Sustaibability – Monitoring, Modelling and Management” provides knowledge and skills needed for independent scientific research in the fields of „Monitoring, Modelling and Management of Environmental Systems” with a focus on aspects of the global changes and sustainability.
In concrete terms, the program focuses on:
- The functioning of natural systems (Geospheres, Pedospheres, Hydrospheres, Biospheres, Atmospheres)
- Causes of global changes and their regional and global impact
- Monitoring of global changes by recording water-, material-, mass-, and energy flows at land surfaces
- The use and development of remote sensing techniques
- The spatial and integrated modelling of natural systems
- Programming and use of Geographic information systems
- The scenario-based, integrated analysis of the regional impact of global change
- The development of options for action for sustainable environmental management.
Overview Master’s degree program
Detailed information can be found here [in German].